New Floriani FTCU Digitizing Practice!
This is a mini lesson to encourage you to practice your FTCU skills each week. For more detailed step-by-step lessons and videos join the Embroidery Gatherings Membership Club. Click HERE for more info!
Fill out the form at the end of this lesson and the image and a PDF guide will be sent to your email inbox.
Download the image from your email and use your creativity to trace and digitize the image, however you would like.
The PDF guide will include a numbered digitizing plan and suggestions and tips for tracing the image.
step 1: Create A Digitizing Plan
Decide which shapes to trace first – look at the image and think of it as layers. Trace the layers in back first. Trace the shapes that should stitch first and leave the details for last.
The following notes are a few suggestions to help you follow a digitizing plan for this image.
These notes include the order in which I suggest you trace the shapes and the stitch tools that would be the most appropriate for the that shape.
Of course, I encourage you to use your creativity and use whatever stitch and thread colors that you would prefer! That is the benefit of digitizing our own designs. No two will ever be the same!
Here is a suggested digitizing plan for you to follow:
- trace the leaves using the Fill stitch tool
- trace the vine using the steil stitch tool – (adjust the width to 2.0 or less)
- edit the shapes as needed
- TIP: once you have traced one complete set of leaves, then copy and paste and flip using the vertical and horizontal flip tool
- adjust the copies as needed
- trace the one berry using the Artwork Circle tool
- convert the shape to a satin using the AUTO SATIN tool on the bottom toolbar
- copy and paste to create the other berries
- edit the shapes as needed
3-merry christmas text
- trace the text letters using the TEXT tool
- edit the sizes as needed
- choose a font that you prefer – I used the Anniversary font and edited the spacing and size to fit
- SUGGESTION: remember you can use the TT font tool to use fonts from your computer
step 2: trace the design
Follow these 4 digitizing steps for each shape:
Need more help?
This lesson is a “mini lesson” to encourage you to practice FTCU each week. For more detailed lessons, join the Embroidery Gatherings Membership Club.
There are over 75 written lessons and videos to help you learn to digitize your own embroidery designs using the FTCU software. The lessons inside the membership club are more detailed step-by-step instructions to help you use all the tools in FTCU.
Click HERE to find out more information.
Ask your questions…
You are welcome to ask your FTCU questions at anytime in the comment section below!
Fill out the email form below and a PDF copy of this mini practice and the image will be emailed to you!
The following list of My Favorite Supplies contains some affiliate links for your convenience – which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission, but your purchase price stays the same. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I only recommend items that I use and love. I hope you find something that is helpful to you!