Here’s a New Floriani FTCU Digitizing Practice for you to celebrate Mother’s Day!
Fill out the form at the end of this lesson and the image and a PDF guide will be sent to your email inbox.
Download the image from your email and use your creativity to trace and digitize the image, however you would like.
The PDF guide will include a numbered digitizing plan and suggestions and tips for tracing the image.
Create A Digitizing Plan
Decide which shapes to trace first – look at the image and think of it as layers. Trace the layers in back first. Trace the shapes that should stitch first and leave the details for last.
The following notes are a few suggestions to help you follow a digitizing plan for this image.
These notes include the order in which I suggest you trace the shapes and the stitch tools that would be the most appropriate for the that shape.
Of course, I encourage you to use your creativity and use whatever stitch and thread colors that you would prefer! That is the benefit of digitizing our own designs. No two will ever be the same!
Here is a suggested digitizing plan for you to follow:
- trace the inside flower petal using the Fill Stitch tool
- edit the shape as needed
- trace the middle flower shape using the first Satin stitch tool
- this will add some variety of textures to your flower
- trace the outside petal using the Fill Stitch tool
- use the Classic Satin tool to trace the flower stem
- this will allow you to vary the width of the stem
- trace the leaves using the first Satin stitch tool
- adjust the angle lines to create even stitches
- use the Text tool and create one text at a time so that you can choose different fonts for each
- choose any fonts that you prefer for your design
Follow these 4 digitizing steps for each shape, as a guide, to get you started.
Here are two ways to get the help you need to digitize your own designs.
- Have a digitizing question?
Join the Embroidery Gatherings Facebook group and ask your questions, anytime.
- To receive lots of extra TLC with FTCU digitizing….
You can get one-to-one digitizing help by joining our Embroidery Gatherings Membership Club. There are over 75 step-by-step written lessons and videos to help you learn to digitize your own embroidery designs using the FTCU software. We can create a personalized “journey” for you to learn to digitize!
Click HERE to find out more information.
Share your design!
After you have finished, you are welcome to share your design image with our Embroidery Gatherings Facebook group. We would love to see your creativity!
Fill out the email form below and a PDF copy of this digitizing practice and the image, will be emailed to you!
The following list of My Favorite Supplies contains some affiliate links for your convenience – which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission, but your purchase price stays the same. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I only recommend items that I use and love. I hope you find something that is helpful to you!