New Floriani FTCU Digitizing Practice!
This is a mini lesson to encourage you to practice your FTCU skills each week. For more detailed lessons, join the Embroidery Gatherings Membership Club. Click HERE for more info!
Fill out the form at the end of this lesson and the image and a PDF guide will be sent to your email inbox.
Download the image from your email and use your creativity to trace and digitize the image, however you would like.
The PDF guide will include a numbered digitizing plan and suggestions and tips for tracing the image.
step 1: Create A Digitizing Plan
Decide which shapes to trace first – look at the image and think of it as layers. Trace the layers in back first. Trace the shapes that should stitch first and leave the details for last.
The following notes are a few suggestions to help you follow a digitizing plan for this image.
These notes include the order in which I suggest you trace the shapes and the stitch tools that would be the most appropriate for the that shape.
Of course, I encourage you to use your creativity and use whatever stitch and thread colors that you would prefer! That is the benefit of digitizing our own designs. No two will ever be the same!
Here is a suggested digitizing plan for you to follow:
- trace the shapes using the Fill stitch tool
- edit the shape as needed
- trace the shapes using the Steil stitch tool
- edit the width of the steil stitch as needed
3- white flowers
- trace the shapes using the Fill stitch
- edit the shapes as needed
- TIP: trace one flower and copy and paste to the other locations
4- outlines – optional
- select one flower shape – select the Outline Tool to create an outline around the flower shape
- repeat for each flower shape
- NOTE: it’s important that you select ONE flower shape at a time to outline
5- leaf accents
- trace the accent lines using the Run Stitch Tool – change the single run to a BEAN stitch in the properties box
- trace the text letters using the TEXT tool
- edit the sizes as needed
- choose a font that you prefer
- TIP: use the TT font tool to use fonts from your computer
step 2: trace the design
Follow these 4 digitizing steps for each shape:
Need more help?
This lesson is a “mini lesson” to encourage you to practice FTCU each week. For more detailed lessons, join the Embroidery Gatherings Membership Club.
There are over 75 written lessons and videos to help you learn to digitize your own embroidery designs using the FTCU software. The lessons inside the membership club are more detailed step-by-step instructions to help you use all the tools in FTCU.
Click HERE to find out more information.
Share your design!
After you have finished tracing your design, you are welcome to share your design image with our Embroidery Gatherings Facebook group. We would love to see your creativity!
Fill out the email form below and a PDF copy of this mini practice and the image will be emailed to you!
The following list of My Favorite Supplies contains some affiliate links for your convenience – which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission, but your purchase price stays the same. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I only recommend items that I use and love. I hope you find something that is helpful to you!